For those of us who live along the Atlantic and Gulf Coast we are now almost a month into hurricane season have you prepared yourself? You still have time to prepare. In my post, Simple Financial Tips – Disaster Plan I discuss ways to help you prepare for a disaster to help simplify your finances.
Here are some additional tips help you prepare and simplify your finances in case of a hurricane.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy – Make sure you are properly covered and amount of coverage.
- Review your flood policy – Understand what is covered
- Review your wind policy – Understand your deductibles
- Know who to contact if you incur damages.
- Take inventory of your personal property
- Have a plan in place if you need to evacuate. Know where your going ahead of time. Less stress if you have a plan in place.
- Create file of all important documents to take with you.
- Is your emergency fund properly funded to cover your insurance deductible
These 8 steps will help you simplify your hurricane preparedness. Remember take one step at a time to simplify your personal finances.