In Brian Tracy’s book titled 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires he describes the 21 traits that were found in self-made millionaires. This book was a good read and also made me think why can’t we apply some of these traits to help you simplify your personal finances.
Here are 12 of Brian Tracy’s traits he discusses in his book that you should apply if you are looking to develop a simplified financial lifestyle:
1. Dream big dreams – You must know where you want to go or what your perfect financial situation looks like.
2. Develop a clear sense of direction – You must know how you’re going to get there and what you need to do or stop doing to get there.
3. Dedicate yourself to lifelong learning – You must continue to learn how you can simplify your finances and always look to implement new ways of doing things.
4. Pay yourself first – The easiest way to do this is to automate the process
5. Be absolutely honest with yourself and others – Don’t say you are doing something to change your financial habits when you are not.
6. Determine your highest priorities and concentrate on them – You should take one step at a time to accomplish each of your goals and objectives.
7. Be prepared to climb from peak to peak – There will be ups and downs but don’t give up. Stay the course.
8. Practice self-disciple in all things – You must stick to what you set out to accomplish. You can always make adjustments along the way.
9. Get around the right people – Find individuals who have the same goals and objectives as you.
10. Be decisive and action oriented – Make sure you take action don’t say I am going to do it or should be doing it. Do it.
11. Never allow failure to be an option – Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see progress immediately. Keep at it.
12. Pass the persistence test – You won’t accomplish anything if you’re not persistent.
Take action #10 on the list by applying these 12 secrets to help you simplify your personal finances. Remember you can’t simplify overnight but if you take one step at a time you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.